The current location is Kaikohe
Creating Great Places, Supporting our People
The Far North District Council is on a transformation journey to become one of the regions most sought after and valued employers – we value manaakitanga, integrity and professionalism in delivering outstanding value to our customers and the community.
- New role
- Work for an organisation where your values will reflect your daily work
- A competitive and fair remuneration package, including learning & development and health & wellbeing programmes.
About the Role
This is a new role to ensure we are focussed on providing timely, accurate and desired reporting. This position will work closely with the Systems & Projects Accountant, and Business Intelligence specialists..
- Generate and distribute regular and ad-hoc reports to a range of stakeholders within Council to meet approved requests for data or provide agreed performance reports.
- Support the continual improvement of accounting processes through the Accounting Services reporting process framework.
- Assist with the implementation of recommendations relating to Business Intelligence for the progressions and enhancement of improved reporting processes.
You will be CA/CPA qualified or part-qualified with demonstrable accounting experience and strong intellectual curiosity. Local Government experience would be advantageous. This role needs to work collaboratively and proactively with team members of Financial Services team and other business units to meet service, legislative and regulatory timeframes. Excellent communication skills to interact with a wide range of customers to understand the reporting requirements and translate those into useable reports is essential. Excellent report writing and documentation skills, experience and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) is a requirement.
Be a part of our journey to being a high performing organisation by applying online today!
For more information on our organisation’s vision, mission and values visit www.fndc.govt.nz
Applications for this position close at on Friday, 11 January 2019
How to Apply:
- Review a copy of the complete POSITION DESCRIPTION
- Complete the questions below
- The current location is Kaikohe
- The grade applicable to the position is Grade 13 within Councils salary structure
- The Salary is $57,151 to $67,237 per annum dependent on qualifications and experience
- Attach a copy of your resume on the following page. Please note this is mandatory, please have your resume available before you commence your application